Plastic Surgery Patient Safety
Miami Plastic Surgery® invites you to take comfort in our commitment to un-compromised, un-paralleled safety standards. Our adherence to the strictest of patient safety standards allows you to confidently focus on our superior surgical results.
Miami Plastic Surgery®’s board-certified physicians, Drs. Wolf, Kelly, and Polo, are dedicated to the highest standards of patient care.
The American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) Safety Highlights:
- ABPS is the only board recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) which certifies in the full spectrum of the specialty of plastic and reconstructive surgery of the head and neck, trunk and extremities.
- The mission of the ABPS is to promote safe, ethical, efficacious plastic surgery to the public by maintaining high standards for the education, examination, certification and maintenance of certification of plastic surgeons as specialists and sub-specialties.
The American Board of Facial and Reconstructive Surgery (ABFPRS) Safety Highlights:
- The ABFPRS is dedicated to improving the quality of facial plastic surgery available to the public by measuring the qualifications of candidate surgeons against rigorous standards.
- ABFPRS certification means that your surgeon* is an otolaryngology-specialist and certified medical expert in the cosmetic and reconstructive surgical management of the head, face and neck.
Certification by the ABPS, ABO & ABFPRS signifies that Miami Plastic Surgery®* has had formal training in an accredited plastic surgery residency program and that your physicians* at Miami Plastic Surgery®:
- Have passed comprehensive cosmetic and reconstructive surgery exams*
- Are qualified to perform cosmetic and reconstructive procedures – everything from liposuction and facelifts to intricate wound repair.*
Miami Plastic Surgery®’s team of physicians* have far exceeded the ABPS, ABO, & ABFPRS minimum surgical training requirements with a combined total of 60 years of training and experience! Please see Our Accreditations & Associations for additional information regarding our physician’s* credentials.
Miami Plastic Surgery® only uses skilled, licensed Anesthesiologists to administer and monitor your anesthesia during and your recovery immediately following surgical procedures;
Miami Plastic Surgery®’s operating suites are nationally accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities, which ensures surgeons only operate in facilities that conform to strict safety standards.
Miami Plastic Surgery® is located at the renowned Baptist Hospital and enjoys full hospital privileges:
- Baptist Health is one of only 17 hospital systems in the nation to become a founding partner in the Stand Up for Patient Safety program of the National Patient Safety Foundation.
- Baptist Health hospitals are rated by the Leapfrog Group, more than 170 companies and organizations that provide hospital ratings and encourage public reporting of healthcare quality.
- Baptist Health participates voluntarily in the federal government’s Hospital Quality Initiative, the largest effort nationally to produce consumer-friendly information on hospital care.
For your added convenience, comfort and confidence, we have included some additional plastic surgery patient education and awareness resources:
We strongly encourage you to research cosmetic and reconstructive surgery safety guidelines. The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery website is an excellent resource which maintains a credible database of current and archived patient safety articles.