Forehead / Brow Lift Miami
Forehead Lift or Brow Lift is a cosmetic procedure used to raise the area above the eyes. This procedure corrects frown lines in the forehead as well as drooping eyebrows.
Your surgeon may recommend other procedures such as eyelid or facelift surgery to be done in conjunction with the forehead lift in order to achieve the desired result.
About Forehead / Brow Lift Surgery
- You will require anesthesia. Your surgeon will determine the type of anesthesia.
- Generally, this procedure is performed on an outpatient basis.
- Your surgeon will determine what technique you will benefit most from.
- Classic forehead lift requires a coronal incision from ear to ear across the hairline. The forehead skin is lifted and the deeper tissues are altered. The eyebrows are raised and any excess skin is removed. The incision is closed with stitches or clips.
- Endoscopic Brow Lift requires less scarring than the classic forehead lift. Several, small incisions are made along the hairline. These incisions are typically no longer than one inch. Using an endoscope, a thin instrument with a small camera at the end, the surgeon lifts the coronal skin and alters the forehead muscles. The camera allows the surgeon to have more visibility of the underlying tissues. If needed, the eyebrows are also lifted and held in place with sutures or staples hidden by the hairline.
Your Forehead / Brow Lift Consultation
During your initial consultation, you will meet with the plastic surgeon and their team. Your previous surgeries, your medical history, medications you are presently taking, and your overall physical and emotional health will be reviewed. Your skin quality will also be evaluated. Recovery time, risks and limitations associated with surgery will be also be discussed. The doctor’s patient coordinator will review surgical costs and scheduling with you.
Patient Financing options are available at Miami Plastic Surgery® and can be discussed in more detail during your consultation.