Good candidates for laser skin resurfacing
Good candidates for laser resurfacing are men and women with fair and healthy skin. Patients who have been prescribed Accutane must be off the medication for a certain period of time before they undergo the procedure.
Advantages of Laser Resurfacing
- The laser can be controlled to target specific areas and degree of penetration.
- Minimal bleeding is expected.
- Postoperative recovery is frequently easier than other facial surgeries.
Your Laser Skin Resurfacing consultation
During your initial consultation, you will meet the plastic surgeon and staff. Your physical and emotional health will be evaluated. By examining your skin quality, pigmentation, and degree of damaged skin, your surgeon will determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure. You will be advised of the risks and limitations associated with the surgery. An office staff member will provide you with the details and discuss the laser skin resurfacing cost.
What to expect from Laser Skin Resurfacing surgery
- You will require anesthesia.
- You will be discharged on an outpatient basis.
- Bandages and protective creams may be applied after surgery.
Laser skin resurfacing side effects
After having a CO2 laser skin resurfacing procedure, your skin will be red and swollen. The surface of your skin may also be itchy. As bandages will be needed to cover the treated areas, you may develop laser skin resurfacing acne. The procedure may also cause your skin to become lighter or darker than normal.
FAQ’s on Laser Skin Resurfacing
Q: How long does laser treatment for wrinkles last?
A: If done correctly, laser treatment for wrinkles can last for up to 2 years.
Q: What are the risks of laser skin resurfacing?
A: The risks of laser skin resurfacing include severe acne or cold sores that can lead to infection of the skin.
Q: How much does laser skin resurfacing cost?
A: When determining the cost of laser skin resurfacing, one needs to take into consideration the following:
- The varying fees of the surgeons performing the procedure,
- The fee particular to the type of anesthesia used, and
- The fees for care and recovery after the completion of the procedure.
Q: What is the expected recovery time for skin resurfacing?
A: Recovery from skin laser procedures can take up to two weeks. The redness and swelling, however, can take up to several months to completely subside.
Q: What are laser resurfacing side effects?
A: The side effects from laser resurfacing include:
- Redness around the treated areas,
- Swelling of the skin,
- Mild discomfort,
- Itching and irritation around skin that has been treated, and
- Scarring and acne may develop in severe cases.
Q: Are Multiple Laser Skin Resurfacing Treatments Necessary?
A: The number of laser skin resurfacing treatments needed would depend on the severity of your condition:
- For light wrinkles, two treatments may be needed, and
- For deeper wrinkles and skin colorations, more treatments may be needed to achieve optimum results.
For practical reasons, therefore, it is a good idea to choose a facility that does laser skin resurfacing near you.
Why choose Miami Plastic Surgery for Laser skin resurfacing?
The plastic surgeons at Miami Plastic Surgery always have your best interests at heart. You can rest assured that you are in good hands when having skin resurfacing laser treatments done.
Patient Financing options are available at Miami Plastic Surgery and can be discussed in more detail during your consultation. To book a consultation for laser skin resurfacing in Miami, please give us a call today.
Patient Financing options are available at Miami Plastic Surgery® and can be discussed in more detail during your consultation.