Available only through a physician, LATISSE® is a once-daily prescription treatment applied to the base of the upper eyelashes with a sterile, single-use-per-eye disposable applicator. LATISSE® users can expect to experience longer, fuller and darker eyelashes in as little as eight weeks, with full results in 16 weeks. To maintain the effects, continued treatment with LATISSE® is required.
How to Apply LATISSE®
- Before applying Latisse it is important to ensure that:
- Your face is clean,
- Your makeup has been removed, and
- Your contact lenses are out.
- Latisse should also be the last treatment you apply (i.e. all other facial products must already be applied).
- Apply a single drop of the Latisse solution in the applicator. Immediately draw the applicator along your upper eyelid where the eyelashes meet the skin, in a smooth motion going from the inner eyelid out.
- DO NOT apply the Latisse solution to your lower eyelid or your eye as excess hair growth outside the desired area will occur.
- Blot the excess solution with a tissue and dispose of the applicator. Use a clean applicator for every application of Latisse.
Incorrect blotting, application outside the desired area, and leaking into the eye may cause the following side effects:
- Eye redness or discomfort
- Eye itching
- Dry eyes
- Watery eyes
- Eyelid redness
- Puffy eyelids
Does Latisse Work?
Latisse is an FDA approved hair growth agent that was discovered by doctors looking to combat glaucoma. It works by extending the growth phase of hair and allowing it to last longer before falling out. It normally takes three to four weeks for results to be seen and 16 weeks for a treatment to run to completion. This effect applies to eyebrows as well as eyelashes.
Miami Plastic Surgery Clinic
At the top plastic surgery clinic in Miami, there are a number of options available for you to improve aspects of yourself. Not all of them are invasive, as seen by the Latisse treatment that we offer. Our team of board-certified plastic surgeons will be happy to talk you through all of your options. Contact us today to book an appointment.