JUVEDERM DERMAL FILLER
What Is Juvederm?
Juvederm, brought to you by Allergan, is a cosmetic injectable known as a dermal filler. Dermal fillers are injected into the skin to help add volume where it is missing, treat sagging skin, or reduce the appearance of wrinkles. The Juvederm treatment line includes a number of products, each aimed at targeting unique areas and concerns. All products under the Juvederm line include the primary ingredient hyaluronic acid, a naturally-occurring, “moisture-binding” product of the body that helps add volume to and hydrate the skin. Products of Juvederm may include Juvederm Voluma XC, Juvederm XC, Juvederm Vollure XC, Juvederm Ultra XC, Juvederm Volbella XC, and Juvederm Ultra Plus XC. Juvederm treatment areas may include the lips, cheeks, under the eyes, and around the nose.
Why Are Juvederm Injections Used?
Juvederm injections are used to help add volume to volume-deficient areas of the face. Depending on your treatment needs, Juvederm may be used around or in the lips, under the eyes, in the cheeks, or around the nose. In general, Juvederm may be used to help:
- Add volume to the cheeks
- Add volume to the lips
- Treat wrinkles extending from the nose to the mouth (smile lines)
- Treat wrinkles extending from the mouth to the chin
- Treat fine lines and wrinkles above the lip
- Diminish the appearance of frown lines
What Does Treatment With Juvederm Involve?
- Treatment with Juvederm is performed in the comfort of your doctor’s office as an outpatient procedure and involves your doctor gently injecting the Juvederm treatment solution into needed injection sites.
- To begin, you will take a comfortable seated position. Your doctor may mark treatment areas with a pen before starting the procedure.
- Once you are comfortable and relaxed, your doctor will gently inject the Juvederm solution into the skin. The Juvederm solution contains a pain reducer to help minimize any pain or discomfort throughout treatment.
- Depending on your treatment needs, the Juvederm injection will be injected into areas around the lips, nose, cheeks, or other regions. The number of injection sites will also vary based on your treatment needs.
- As the solution is injected into needed areas, your doctor will gently massage the treatment area, helping to administer the solution and lower the chance of swelling.
- Depending on your treatment needs, the procedure can take anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour. Treatment with Juvederm is virtually painless and involves no scarring of the skin.
- While there is minimal downtime with Juvederm treatment, your doctor may recommend that you avoid certain activities, makeup, alcohol consumption, and direct sunlight for a minimum of 24 hours.
- For most patients, visible results can be seen the same day as treatment. Depending on your treatment, results can last anywhere from six months to two years. In order to maintain results, repeat visits may be needed.
Am I An Appropriate Candidate For Juvederm Treatment Therapy?
You may be an appropriate candidate for Juvederm treatment therapy if:
- You have wrinkles or fine lines
- You have loose or sagging facial skin
- You want to add volume to certain facial regions
- You have realistic expectations
What Can I Expect During A Juvederm Treatment Therapy Consultation?
During your initial Juvederm treatment therapy consultation, you will meet with the plastic surgeon and their team. Your previous surgeries, your medical history, medications you are presently taking, and your overall physical and emotional health will be reviewed. Your skin quality will also be evaluated. Your surgeon will determine what you benefit from most and what will help to achieve your desired results. Juvederm cost, benefits, recovery time, risks, and limitations will also be discussed. The doctor’s patient coordinator will review treatment scheduling with you.
Patient Financing options are available at Miami Plastic Surgery® and can be discussed in more detail during your consultation.
What Are The Benefits Of Juvederm?
If you are noticing signs of aging such as volume loss, sagging, or wrinkles around your eyes, lips, or other areas of the face, Juvederm may be an appropriate treatment option for you. Benefits of Juvederm may include:
- Minimized appearance of skin imperfections
- Enhanced volume in volume-deficient areas of the face
- Reduced appearance of facial wrinkles
- More youthful appearance
- Minimal downtime
If you are considering Juvederm treatment therapy in Miami, FL with the board-certified plastic surgeons at Miami Plastic Surgery®, call 305.595.2969 or fill out the form on this page to book a consultation.