Restylane Injections in Miami, South Miami & Coral Gables
What is Restylane?
Restylane is a filler injection that includes a natural substance produced by your body known as hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid helps the skin plump appearance and hydrated. There are different types of Restylane products, including Restylane Defyne, Restylane Refyne, Restylane, Restylane Silk, and Restylane Lyft. Depending on the product used, Restylane products can help reduce the visibility of dark circles under the eyes, minimize the appearance of certain facial wrinkles and fine lines, and add volume to certain areas of the face, as well as the hands. Your doctor can help determine which treatment option best meets your unique cosmetic needs.
Why are Restylane injections used?
Restylane injections are used to help treat facial wrinkles, as well as other cosmetic concerns. Depending on your treatment needs, Restylane injections may be used around or in the lips, under the eyes, in the cheeks, or around the nose. In general, Restylane may be used to help:
- Add volume to the lips, cheeks, or hands
- Reduce the visibility of dark circles under the eyes
- Minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles that extend from the nose to the corners of the lips, as well as other types of facial wrinkles
What does treatment with Restylane involve?
- Treatment with Restylane is performed in the comfort of your doctor’s office as an outpatient procedure and involves your doctor gently injecting the Restylane treatment solution into needed injection sites.
- To begin, you will take a comfortable seated position. Your doctor may mark treatment areas with a pen before starting the procedure.
- Once you are comfortable and relaxed, your doctor will gently inject the Restylane solution into the skin.
- Depending on your treatment needs, the Restylane injection will be injected into areas around the lips, nose, cheeks, or other regions. The number of injection sites will also vary based on your treatment needs.
- As the solution is injected into needed areas, your doctor will gently massage the treatment area, helping to administer the solution and lower the chance of swelling.
- Depending on your treatment needs, the procedure can take anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour. Treatment with Restylane is virtually painless and involves no scarring of the skin.
- While there is minimal downtime with Restylane treatment, your doctor may recommend that you avoid certain activities or substances for a minimum of 24 hours.
- For most patients, visible results can be seen the same day as treatment, and complete results can be noticed within a week following treatment. Because Restylane injections are temporary, in order to maintain results, repeat visits may be needed.
Am I an appropriate candidate for Restylane treatment therapy?
You may be an appropriate candidate for Restylane treatment therapy if:
- You have wrinkles or fine lines
- You want to add volume to your hands or certain facial regions
- You have realistic expectations
What can I expect during a Restylane treatment therapy consultation?
During your initial Restylane treatment therapy consultation, you will meet with the plastic surgeon and their team. Your previous surgeries, your medical history, medications you are presently taking, and your overall physical and emotional health will be reviewed. Your skin quality will also be evaluated. Your surgeon will determine what you benefit from most and what will help to achieve your desired results. Restylane cost, benefits, recovery time, risks, and limitations will also be discussed. The doctor’s patient coordinator will review treatment scheduling with you.
Patient Financing options are available at Miami Plastic Surgery® and can be discussed in more detail during your consultation.
What are the benefits of Restylane?
If you have fine lines or wrinkles around your lips or other areas of the face, or if you would like to add volume to your hands, lips, or cheeks, Restylane may be an appropriate treatment option for you. Benefits of Restylane may include:
- Minimized appearance of facial wrinkles
- Enhanced volume in of the face or hands
- More youthful appearance
- Minimal downtime
If you are considering Restylane treatment therapy in Miami, FL with the board-certified plastic surgeons at Miami Plastic Surgery®, call 305.595.2969 or fill out the form on this page to book a consultation.