BEST LASER SKIN RESURFACING DOCTORS IN MIAMI, FL
If you have a problem skin or you want your skin to look flawless and radiant, you need to book an appointment for skin laser resurfacing in Miami. With skin resurfacing, your skin will not only look better, it will also boost your confidence and eliminate the need for you to use chemicals and moisturizers that may harm your skin.
What Is Laser Skin Resurfacing?
Laser Resurfacing also known as Laser Peel uses a carbon dioxide (CO2) laser to treat fine lines, wrinkles, scars, areas of uneven pigmentation, and other damaged skin. A laser beam is used to strip away layers of damaged skin. As the healing process occurs, new cells form, and the result is fresher, tighter, looking skin. Your surgeon may recommend a skin care regimen before and after the laser procedure in order to enhance the results.
Am I An Appropriate Candidate For Laser Skin Resurfacing?
Good candidates for laser resurfacing are men and women with fair and healthy skin. Patients who have been prescribed Accutane must be off the medication for a certain period of time before they undergo the procedure.
Advantages Of Laser Resurfacing
- The laser can be controlled to target specific areas and degree of penetration.
- Minimal bleeding is expected.
- Postoperative recovery is frequently easier than other facial surgeries.
What Can I Expect During A Laser Skin Resurfacing Consultation?
During your initial consultation, you will meet the plastic surgeon and staff. Your physical and emotional health will be evaluated. By examining your skin quality, pigmentation, and degree of damaged skin, your surgeon will determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure. You will be advised of the risks and limitations associated with the surgery. An office staff member will provide you with the details and discuss the laser skin resurfacing cost.
Patient Financing options are available at Miami Plastic Surgery® and can be discussed in more detail during your consultation.
What Can I Expect From Laser Skin Resurfacing Surgery?
- You will require anesthesia.
- You will be discharged on an outpatient basis.
- Bandages and protective creams may be applied after surgery.
What is the Recovery and Aftercare for Laser Skin Resurfacing?
CO2 laser skin resurfacing is a deep treatment that can significantly improve the appearance of the skin. To support the recovery process, it is imperative to follow your post-treatment care instructions very carefully. These instructions have been developed to be thorough and concise. If you have questions about any aspect of your aftercare instructions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
After laser skin resurfacing, it is common for the treatment area to appear quite red, irritated, and swollen. Expect to look like you have a significant sunburn. As cellular turnover continues, your skin may darken, scab, and flake. Swelling is most significant during the first three days after treatment. Side effects may continue for five days to a few weeks. Expect redness to subside more gradually over several weeks. While the detailed instructions provided by our office may differ somewhat, general aftercare instructions may include:
- Keep the treatment area covered with a protective emollient cream like Aquaphor.
- Perform the vinegar/cleansing process as outlined in the aftercare instructions.
- Apply ice packs to the treatment area for up to 10 minutes per hour, several times a day for the first two days of recovery.
- Sleep with your head elevated to avoid excessive swelling.
- Strictly avoid sun exposure. Once the skin has healed over (five to ten days post-treatment), use zinc oxide sunscreen for at least another few weeks of tissue healing.
- Avoid scrubbing or picking off flaking skin. Natural exfoliation must be allowed as part of the healing process.
How to Prepare for Laser Skin Resurfacing?
Proper preparation for laser skin resurfacing can reduce risks, ease side effects, and encourage great results. Before treatment, your provider may recommend the following:
- Stay hydrated by drinking at least 64 ounces of water daily.
- Moisturize the skin morning and evening for the week prior to the laser treatment.
- Avoid tanning and the use of self-tanning products for four weeks before laser treatment.
- Do not exfoliate the skin during the week before treatment. This includes using products with glycolic acid, retinol, and other acids.
- Avoid blood thinners such as ibuprofen, aspirin, and vitamin E during the week before treatment.
- Avoid alcohol for the two days before treatment.
- Obtain ice packs and store them in the freezer so they are ready to use on the day of the procedure.
- Take pictures! This will enable you to see the vast improvement achieved with laser treatment.
How Long Will the Results of My Procedure Last?
CO2 aser skin resurfacing stimulates profound tissue remodeling that provides lasting results. For some people, just one treatment provides a lifetime of beautiful skin. During our consultation, we discuss our anticipated outcome from a single treatment and the potential benefits of subsequent treatments in the future.
How Often Can I Undergo Laser Skin Resurfacing?
Generally, patients are advised to wait at least six months before scheduling a subsequent laser resurfacing procedure.
How Painful is Laser Skin Resurfacing?
CO2 laser resurfacing is the most powerful form of skin resurfacing performed today. Patients undergo this procedure with appropriate anesthesia to maintain optimal comfort for the duration of their treatment. Most people who undergo this procedure report mild to moderate snapping sensations or a sensation of "pins and needles."
Whare Are Laser Skin Resurfacing Side Effects?
After having a CO2 laser skin resurfacing procedure, your skin will be red and swollen. The surface of your skin may also be itchy. As bandages will be needed to cover the treated areas, you may develop laser skin resurfacing acne. The procedure may also cause your skin to become lighter or darker than normal.
Why Choose Miami Plastic Surgery® For Laser Skin Resurfacing?
The plastic surgeons at Miami Plastic Surgery® always have your best interests at heart. You can rest assured that you are in good hands when having skin resurfacing laser treatments done.
If you are considering laser skin resurfacing in Miami, FL with the board-certified plastic surgeons at Miami Plastic Surgery®, call 305.595.2969 or fill out the form on this page to book a consultation.