BEST DOCTORS FOR PDO THREADS IN MIAMI
What Is A PDO Thread Lift?
A PDO thread lift is a minimally invasive treatment alternative to traditional surgical facelift procedures. PDO thread lift therapies, such as NovaThreads, use a thread composed of a substance known as polydioxanone, or PDO for short. These threads are dissolvable and biocompatible, meaning they are not a threat to living tissues. During a PDO thread lift procedure, the dissolvable threads are gently injected into the subdermal layer of the skin. The threads have tiny structures that “grab” onto and pull up the underside of the skin, helping to lift, tighten, and contour loose or sagging skin. Along with providing immediate lift and support to the skin, PDO thread lifting induces the body’s natural healing process, which stimulates collagen production. Treatment areas of PDO lifting may include areas around the eyes, cheeks, nose, mouth, neck, jaw, and more.
Why Is PDO Thread Lifting Used?
PDO thread lifting is used to help give support to and lift areas of skin where there is sagging. PDO thread lifting may be used as an alternative to traditional facelift procedures, which typically require surgical removal of excess skin. PDO thread lifting may be used for adding lift to a variety of facial areas, including the:
- Around and under the eyes
- Nasolabial folds
- Nasojugal folds
- Around the mouth
What Does The PDO Thread Lift Procedure Involve?
- A PDO thread lift is performed in the comfort of your doctor’s office as an outpatient procedure and involves your doctor gently injecting PDO threads beneath your skin.
- To begin, you will take a comfortable seated position. Treatment areas will be numbed prior to administration of the injection in order to ensure maximum comfort and minimize pain felt.
- There are a variety of thread options, such as braided, spiral, and more. Your doctor will choose the thread type that is best suited to your treatment needs.
- Once you are comfortable and relaxed, your doctor will gently inject the PDO threads into various layers of skin. The threads will grab and lift the skin up.
- Depending on your treatment needs, the PDO threads will either be injected into the forehead, cheeks, or other areas. The number of injection sites will also vary based on your treatment needs.
- Total procedure time will vary based on what areas will require treatment. In general, total treatment time can range anywhere from 15–30 minutes.
- After treatment, there may be bruising. Your face may also be sore and swollen for the first three to five days post-procedure.The skin may appear to have slight indents. This typically goes away within the first few days. Tightness of the face may be felt for about two weeks after the procedure.
- To help the healing process, your doctor may recommend you avoid certain activities. If areas around the mouth or cheeks were treated, your doctor may recommend avoiding any situations that would place stress on the mouth.
- Because PDO thread lifting grabs and lifts the skin, results will be noticed immediately after treatment. The threads will dissolve around nine months after the procedure. However, because the threads stimulate collagen production, results can still be seen months after the threads have dissolved. For maintained results, repeat visits may be needed every six to nine months.
Am I An Appropriate Candidate For PDO Thread Lifting?
You may be an appropriate candidate for PDO thread lifting if:
- You have wrinkles or loose skin of the face
- You are seeking a treatment alternative to the surgical facelift
- You are in good physical and emotional health
- You have realistic expectations
What Can I Expect During A PDO Thread Lift Consultation?
During your initial PDO thread lift consultation, you will meet with the plastic surgeon and their team. Your previous surgeries, your medical history, medications you are presently taking, and your overall physical and emotional health will be reviewed. Your skin quality will also be evaluated. Pictures may be taken to help keep record of your before and after results. Your surgeon will determine what you benefit from most and what will help to achieve your desired results. PDO thread cost, benefits, recovery time, risks, and limitations will also be discussed. The doctor’s patient coordinator will review treatment scheduling with you.
Patient Financing options are available at Miami Plastic Surgery® and can be discussed in more detail during your consultation.
What Are The Benefits Of PDO Thread Lifting?
If you are noticing signs of aging around your eyes, lips, or other areas of the face, or if you are seeking an alternative to the surgical facelift, PDO thread lifting may be an appropriate treatment option for you. Benefits of PDO thread lifting may include:
- Lifted and tightened skin
- Increased collagen production
- Improved overall appearance of skin
- No incisions required
- Minimal downtime