About Liposuction in Miami
Many men and women are troubled by persistent belly fat. If this has led you to consider liposuction, Florida based Miami Plastic Surgery® would like to offer some advice before beginning the process.
Lipo is used to remove localized fat collections from patients at an average weight, with healthy, elastic skin. For individuals that maintain a reasonable diet and exercise frequently but find that they still cannot get rid of fat in their midsection, liposuction from Florida based Miami Plastic Surgery may be an option.
If, however, you suffer from obesity, cellulite, or loose sagging skin, liposuction would likely not help you. For obesity or cellulite problems, consult your doctor about exercise and other treatment options. For loose or sagging skin, a Miami tummy tuck may be an option.
- Liposuction is an outpatient procedure.
- Your surgeon may suggest intravenous sedation for anesthesia.
- There are various techniques for liposuction. Your surgeon will recommend which is best for you.
- Suction-assisted liposuction is the traditional method. A cannula is inserted through a small incision made through the skin. Fat is removed by vacuum pressure.
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction (UAL) is a liposuction technique which uses ultrasound waves to break up and liquefy fat cells. The fat is then suctioned out.
- UAL is used where denser fat is present, or when larger volumes are removed.
Patient Financing options are available at Miami Plastic Surgery® and can be discussed in more detail during your consultation. For more information about lipo in Miami FL contact Miami Plastic Surgery® today.