Eyelid surgery or blepharoplasty in Miami is used to enhance the appearance of the eyes by removing excess skin and fat from the eyelids. Eyelid surgery can be done in conjunction with other procedures such as a facelift or a brow lift to achieve the desired look. Your surgeon will advise you what you will benefit from most.
About Eyelid Surgery
- You will require anesthesia. Blepharoplasty is usually performed under local anesthesia along with intravenous sedation as an outpatient procedure.
- The incisions are made in the creases of your upper eyelids and just below the lash line of the lower eyelids.
- If only fat is to be removed from the lower eyelids, the incisions will be made inside the lower eyelids. This procedure is called Trans-conjunctival Blepharoplasty and is performed on patients whose major complaint is fat pockets beneath the eyelid.
Good candidates For Eyelid Surgery
- You have tired looking eyes due to age or heredity.
- You are in good physical and emotional health.
- You have realistic expectations.
Your Eyelid Surgery Consultation
During your initial blepharoplasty consultation, you will meet with the plastic surgeon and their team. Your previous surgeries, your medical history, medications you are presently taking, and your overall physical and emotional health will be reviewed. Your skin quality will also be evaluated. Your surgeon will determine what you benefit from most and what will help to achieve your desired results. Recovery time, risks and limitations associated with surgery will also be discussed. The doctor’s patient coordinator will review surgical costs and scheduling with you.
Patient Financing options are available at Miami Plastic Surgery® and can be discussed in more detail during your consultation.
If you are considering eyelid surgery in Miami FL with the board certified plastic surgeons at Miami Plastic Surgery® call us today at 305.595.2969
Blepharoplasty is the procedure where plastic surgeons remove and tighten excess skin; that may lead to bagginess; above or under the eyes.
- What is the typical recovery time after blepharoplasty surgery?
It is recommended that you give a recovery period of at least 1-2 weeks after having blepharoplasty done.
- How long will I be off work after blepharoplasty?
After having blepharoplasty done, you can resume working activities after 10 to 14 days.
Call 305.595.2969 or click to book a consultation for eyelid surgery in Miami.