Abdominoplasty Procedure in Miami, South Miami & Coral Gables, FL
What Is an Abdominoplasty?
Surgery of the abdomen, or tummy tuck, is a surgical cosmetic procedure used to eliminate excess fat and sagging skin from the abdominal area. The muscles of the abdominal wall may also be tightened to achieve a flatter abdominal profile. Abdominoplasty is not a solution to being overweight. Our doctors use the latest techniques and technology to minimize post-surgery pain, and ensure the most rapid recovery.
About the Revolutionary Miami Tummy Tuck
- You will require anesthesia.
- Your surgery may take place in a hospital or outpatient surgery center.
- You may have an overnight nurse stay with you through recovery the first night.
- A horizontal incision is made just above the pubic region. The length of the incision varies with each individual and depends on how much skin must be removed.
- Excess skin is trimmed away and pulled down.
- Some patients may require the reconstruction of a new navel.
- On women with Cesarean Section scars, the new incision can often be made directly on the existing scar.
- Abdominal muscles may be tightened and pulled together.
- Liposuction, a modified or mini-abdominoplasty, or a combination of these procedures are alternate treatments. Upon examination, your plastic surgeon will determine what procedure you will benefit most from.
Patients should be aware that Miami Plastic Surgery®’s doctors use the most advanced medical techniques available that make recovery from your tummy tuck much more comfortable. The MPS surgeons use fibrin glue in their tummy tuck surgeries, which allows the drains to be removed faster. Most surgeons leave the drains in for 10-14 days, but due to the glue, MPS surgeons can remove theirs in 3 days. At Miami Plastic Surgery®, every patient is given a pain pump that works for 3 days after surgery. The pain pump sits in a convenient and small fanny pack at your side, and runs itself. Most patients don’t need any other pain medication.
Tummy tucks, used to remove excess skin around the abdomen, are extremely popular procedures. Those who wish to tighten the muscles near the abdomen are usually perfect candidates for tummy tucks in Miami, Florida. Florida, known for its year-round summer weather, is second only to California in its number of tummy tucks performed each year. It stands to reason with the many beaches and outdoor activities Florida is known for. If you feel a tummy tuck would be advantageous for you, we can schedule a consultation to discuss the options that are available to your unique situation.
Am I an Appropriate Candidate for Abdominoplasty Surgery?
- You have excess fat and loose skin in the abdominal area with no benefit from diet and exercise.
- You have lost abdominal muscle control due to pregnancy or aging.
- You are of average weight with a protruding abdomen.
What Can I Expect During an Abdominoplasty Consultation?
During your initial consultation, you will meet with the plastic surgeon and staff. Your previous surgeries, your medical history, medications you are presently taking, and your overall physical and emotional health will be reviewed, as well as your skin quality. Photographs may also be taken for your medical record. Your surgeon will determine what you benefit from most and whether or not additional procedures will be necessary for you to achieve your desired results. Recovery time, risks and limitations associated with surgery will be also be discussed. The doctor’s patient coordinator will review surgical costs and scheduling with you.