Thigh Lift Procedures in Miami, South Miami & Coral Gables, FL
What Is a Thigh Lift?
Thigh lift surgery, also known as thighplasty, is a cosmetic procedure that is used to help improve the appearance of the thighs by removing excess fat and skin. The thigh lift is a surgical procedure that requires incisions to each leg and is typically recommended only after treatment without surgery (e.g., diet and exercise) is ineffective.
There are a variety of thigh lift treatment options, including a mini thigh lift, vertical thigh lift, posterior thigh lift, spiral thigh lift, outer/lateral thigh lift, and inner/medial thigh lift surgery. Depending on your treatment needs, your doctor may recommend one or more of the beforementioned treatment options. If you have low skin elasticity, your doctor may suggest liposuction in conjunction with a thigh lift.
To further enhance the overall appearance of your body, your doctor may also recommend additional cosmetic treatment options, including a tummy tuck, arm lift, or buttock augmentation. Treatment cost, recovery time, and results will vary from patient to patient based on the type of thigh lift procedure performed and if additional procedures are recommended.
Why Is Thigh Lift Surgery Used?
In general, thigh lift surgery is used to help enhance the overall appearance of the body by removing unwanted excess skin and fat from certain areas of the thigh. Thigh lift surgery can help treat disproportionate thighs, correct the rubbing of thighs during walking, or restore skin elasticity due to aging or weight loss. Thigh lift surgery can be used to help treat various areas of the thigh, including:
- The inner area of the upper thigh
- Just the upper third of the inner thigh
- The full length of the thigh
- The outer thigh
- The back of the thigh
- The full thigh (from front to back, side to side, and top to bottom)
Am I an Appropriate Candidate for a Thigh Lift?
You may be an appropriate candidate for thigh lift surgery if:
- You have loose, sagging skin of the thighs
- You have unwanted fat around the thighs
- You are in good physical and emotional health
- You have realistic expectations
- You are committed to maintaining a healthy lifestyle post-procedure
What Does Thigh Lift Surgery Involve?
- The thigh lift procedure is performed in the comfort of your doctor’s office as an outpatient procedure and involves your doctor removing unwanted areas of fat and loose skin from affected areas of the thigh.
- The procedure is typically performed under local anesthesia or other sedation methods. Once you are comfortable and relaxed, the procedure can begin.
- Your surgeon will carefully make an incision into the thigh. Depending on your treatment needs, the size and placement of the incision may vary. Some patients may only require a small incision near the groin area. Other patients may require an incision that extends from the groin down and behind the thigh.
- Once incisions are made, excess skin can be removed and your doctor can reshape the thigh muscle.
- The skin will then be contoured around the muscle and closed back up with stitches, clips, or skin adhesive.
- While there may be some post-surgery swelling and bruising, results are typically visible immediately after the procedure is complete.
- Your doctor will provide you with any post-procedure aftercare recommendations to help ensure a healthy treatment recovery.
What Can I Expect During a Thigh Lift Consultation?
During your initial thigh lift consultation, you will meet with the plastic surgeon and their team. Your previous surgeries, your medical history, medications you are presently taking, and your overall physical and emotional health will be reviewed. Your skin quality will also be evaluated. Your surgeon will determine what you benefit from most and what will help to achieve your desired results. Thigh lift cost, benefits, recovery time, risks, and limitations will also be discussed. The doctor’s patient coordinator will review treatment scheduling with you.
Patient Financing options are available at Miami Plastic Surgery® and can be discussed in more detail during your consultation.
What Are the Benefits of a Thigh Lift?
If you have excess fat or loose skin around the thighs that is causing you discomfort or embarrassment, a thigh lift may offer the following benefits:
- Tightened skin around the thigh
- Reduced fat around the thigh
- Enhanced definition of the thigh
- Improved overall body aesthetics and proportions
- Increased self-confidence