Brow Lift Procedures in Miami, South Miami & Coral Gables, FL
What Is a Forehead Lift?
A forehead lift or eyebrow lift is a cosmetic procedure used to raise the area above the eyes. This procedure corrects frown lines in the forehead as well as drooping eyebrows. At Miami Plastic Surgery, we specialize in the use of surgical brow lift techniques. However, there are treatment alternatives, such as a botox brow lift, which works via a botox injection that helps relax facial muscles and smooth out wrinkled skin. Your surgeon may also recommend other procedures such as eyelid or facelift surgery to be done in conjunction with the forehead lift in order to achieve the desired result.
What Does Forehead/Brow Lift Surgery Involve?
- You will require anesthesia. Your surgeon will determine the type of anesthesia.
- Generally, this procedure is performed on an outpatient basis.
- Your surgeon will determine what technique you will benefit most from.
- Classic forehead lift requires a coronal incision from ear to ear across the hairline. The forehead skin is lifted and the deeper tissues are altered. The eyebrows are raised and any excess skin is removed. The incision is closed with stitches or clips.
- Endoscopic brow lift involves less scarring than the classic forehead lift. Several small incisions are made along the hairline. These incisions are typically no longer than one inch. Using an endoscope, a thin instrument with a small camera at the end, the surgeon lifts the coronal skin and alters the forehead muscles. The camera allows the surgeon to have more visibility of the underlying tissues. If needed, the eyebrows are also lifted and held in place with sutures or staples hidden by the hairline.
What Can I Expect During a Forehead/Brow Lift Consultation?
During your initial consultation, you will meet with the plastic surgeon and their team. Your previous surgeries, your medical history, medications you are presently taking, and your overall physical and emotional health will be reviewed. Your skin quality will also be evaluated. Recovery time, costs, risks, and limitations associated with surgery will also be discussed. The doctor’s patient coordinator will review treatment scheduling with you.
Patient Financing options are available at Miami Plastic Surgery and can be discussed in more detail during your consultation.
If you are considering a forehead/brow lift in Miami, FL with the board-certified plastic surgeons at Miami Plastic Surgery®, call 305.595.2969 or fill out the form on this page to book a consultation.