CO2 Laser Resurfacing in Miami, South Miami & Coral Gables, FL
What Is CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing?
CO2 laser skin resurfacing is a skin rejuvenation treatment that removes damaged skin cells from the surface of the skin. CO2 laser skin resurfacing can be used to help treat various skin and facial conditions, including acne, scars, fine lines, wrinkles, sun-damaged skin, uneven pigmentation, and more.
The most current form of CO2 laser skin resurfacing, fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing, works by emitting short pulses of light energy to strip away layers of damaged skin. As the healing process occurs, new cells form, and the result is fresher, tighter looking skin. Treatment is safe and precise, targeting affected areas of skin while leaving surrounding structures mostly unharmed.
CO2 laser skin resurfacing can be used alone or in conjunction with other skin laser therapies, such as Erbium laser resurfacing, pulsed-dye therapy, and intense pulsed light therapy. Treatment cost, treatment results, and treatment recovery time will vary from patient to patient.
Why Is CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing Used?
CO2 skin laser resurfacing is used to help rejuvenate the skin and treat cosmetic conditions of the skin. CO2 skin laser resurfacing may be used to help treat:
- Fine lines
- Sun-damaged skin
- Uneven pigmentation
What Does CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing Involve?
- The CO2 laser skin resurfacing procedure is performed in the comfort of your doctor’s office as an outpatient procedure and involves your doctor removing dead skin cells to promote the growth of new skin cells.
- The procedure is typically performed under local anesthesia or other sedation methods. Once you are comfortable and relaxed, the procedure can begin.
- Depending on your treatment needs, your doctor will either perform a full-face treatment or a partial-face treatment.
- Treatment areas may include areas around the eyes, lips, brow, or other facial structures.
- Treatment time will vary based on the procedure performed. Partial-face treatment can be completed within 30–45 minutes, while full-face treatment may take anywhere from an hour and a half to two hours.
- After having a CO2 laser skin resurfacing procedure, your skin will be red and swollen. The surface of your skin may also be itchy. As bandages will be needed to cover the treated areas, you may develop laser skin resurfacing acne. The procedure may also cause your skin to become lighter or darker than normal.
Am I an Appropriate Candidate for CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing?
You may be an appropriate candidate for CO2 skin resurfacing laser therapy if:
- You have acne, wrinkles, sun-damaged skin, or other skin-related concerns
- You are in good physical and emotional health
- You have realistic expectations
What Can I Expect During a CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing Consultation?
During your initial CO2 skin resurfacing laser therapy, you will meet with the plastic surgeon and their team. Your previous surgeries, your medical history, medications you are presently taking, and your overall physical and emotional health will be reviewed. Your skin quality will also be evaluated. Your surgeon will determine what you benefit from most and what will help to achieve your desired results. CO2 laser skin resurfacing cost, benefits, recovery time, risks, and limitations will also be discussed. The doctor’s patient coordinator will review treatment scheduling with you.
Patient Financing options are available at Miami Plastic Surgery and can be discussed in more detail during your consultation.
What Are the Benefits of CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing?
If your skin has been affected by signs of aging, sun-damage, depigmentation, or other skin conditions, CO2 skin resurfacing laser therapy can help provide the following benefits:
- Minimized appearance of skin imperfections
- More youthful appearance
- Tighter, firmer skin
- Improved skin texture
If you are considering CO2 laser skin resurfacing in Miami, FL with the board-certified plastic surgeons at Miami Plastic Surgery®, call 305.595.2969 or fill out the form on this page to book a consultation.