Facelift Procedures in Miami, South Miami & Coral Gables, FL
What is a facelift?
A facelift, also known as a rhytidectomy, is a cosmetic procedure used to reduce signs of aging on your face by tightening the facial skin and deeper tissues. Facelift options include surgical treatment methods, as well as methods without surgery, such as the thread facelift. At Miami Plastic Surgery, we specialize in the use of advanced surgical techniques to perform facelift procedures that leave your skin appearing healthier and more youthful.
What does facelift surgery involve?
- Anesthesia is required for facelift surgery. Your surgeon will determine the type of anesthesia administered.
- Incisions are placed along the hairline. Your surgeon will explain exact placement of the incisions.
- The loose skin is raised and underlying tissues are tightened.
- Some fat may be suctioned.
- Excess skin is removed.
- Remaining skin is pulled and tightened.
Who are the Ideal Candidates for a Facelift?
You may be an appropriate candidate for facelift surgery if:
- You have deep lines and wrinkles in the face and neck
- You have loose, sagging skin in the cheeks and jawline
- You have deep folds in the creases between your nose and mouth
- You are in good physical and emotional health
- You have realistic expectations
What can I expect during a Miami Plastic Surgery facelift consultation?
During your initial rhytidectomy consultation at Miami Plastic Surgery, you will meet with one of our Miami plastic surgeons. Your previous surgeries, your medical history, medications you are presently taking, and your overall physical and emotional health will be reviewed. Your skin quality will also be evaluated. Photographs of your face may be taken for your medical record. Our surgeons will determine what you may benefit from most and whether additional procedures will be necessary for you to achieve your desired results. Recovery time, costs, risks, and limitations associated with surgery will also be discussed. The doctor’s patient coordinator will review treatment scheduling with you.
Patient Financing options are available at Miami Plastic Surgery and can be discussed in more detail during your consultation.
Why choose a cosmetic facelift with Miami Plastic Surgery?
Our Miami Plastic Surgery surgeons are highly experienced in their field of work. The instant you enter our practice, you can rest assured that you will be in good hands throughout your facelift journey with us.