Rhinoplasty (Nose Procedures) in Miami, South Miami & Coral Gables, FL
What is Rhinoplasty surgery?
Rhinoplasty is a cosmetic reconstructive procedure done by our plastic surgeons to either correct the structure of your nose or improve breathing through your nose. This procedure, which is also referred to as a nose job or nose surgery, can dramatically improve and balance facial proportions. Rhinoplasty can be performed in men and women and across all races, including Caucasian, Asian, African American, and Hispanic populations. There are two types of rhinoplasty procedures: closed rhinoplasty and open rhinoplasty. Closed rhinoplasty is performed directly through the nostrils, leaving no scars. Open rhinoplasty involves the use of incisions between the nostrils in order to reshape the nose.
What is Revision Rhinoplasty Surgery?
For patients who previously had a nose job and need to undergo surgery again to correct both the structure of the nose as well as breathing functionality of the nose, a revision rhinoplasty surgery, also known as secondary rhinoplasty, is also available. The cost of a revision rhinoplasty may differ from your initial procedure. A consultation with our rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty cosmetic specialists can help you learn more about treatment price, treatment schedules, and other valuable information.
If you live in Miami, rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty is best performed by the professionals at Miami Plastic Surgery®. Why trust the most central feature on your face to anything less? Not only do we see superior results, but we also provide a caring and professional environment that will help you feel confident and secure in your personal decision to undergo this aesthetic surgery.
What does rhinoplasty surgery involve?
Proficient in nose surgery, Miami Plastic Surgery® surgeons and specialists take care of you from preoperative preparation to recovery and post-operative appointments. We take the time to make sure every individual who comes to our Miami facility thoroughly understands every phase of the procedure:
- First there is an initial consultation. We at Miami Plastic Surgery® want to make sure your vision for your rhinoplasty is congruent with our plan. We want to be sure your expectations are realistic and that we understand what your desired outcome is.
- Next is the actual procedure. You will require anesthesia.
- In most patients, incisions are made only inside the nose. Some bone and cartilage are removed or reshaped and a splint is applied to the new nose to help keep its shape.
- This is an outpatient procedure. You will be released to go home the day of surgery.
- It is recommended that you take off work for at least two weeks after having rhinoplasty surgery.
- You will have fully recovered from your rhinoplasty surgery by the end of three months.
Who is a good candidate for rhinoplasty?
You may be an appropriate candidate for rhinoplasty surgery if:
- You are unhappy with the size and/or shape of your nose e.g., wide nose
- You suffered an injury that has altered the appearance of your nose
- You have breathing problems limited to your nose
- You have reached mature facial growth (about age 15 or 16)
- You have good physical and emotional health
- You have realistic expectations
How old do I have to be to get a Nose Job?
Each patient is unique and their circumstances need to be understood prior to rhinoplasty surgery. In general, it is important for potential rhinoplasty patients to be both physically and emotionally mature.
Physical maturity: Growth of the nose should stabilize prior to surgery, as continued growth after rhinoplasty can change the appearance of the nose and cause facial problems.
Emotional maturity: Changing your nose can alter your appearance. Surgeons need to ensure the patients are ready for this.
The general age recommendation for most patients is between the ages of 15–17 for women and 16–18 for men.
Rhinoplasty Before & After
What Should I Expect at My Rhinoplasty Consultation?
During your initial consultation for a nose job in Miami, you will meet with the plastic surgeon and staff. Your previous surgeries, your medical history, medications you are presently taking, and your overall physical and emotional health will be reviewed. Your skin quality may also be evaluated. Photographs may also be taken for your medical record. Your surgeon will determine what you benefit from most and whether or not additional procedures will be necessary for you to achieve your desired results. Recovery time, risks, and limitations associated with surgery will also be discussed. The doctor’s patient coordinator will review rhinoplasty surgery costs and scheduling with you.
Patient Financing options are available at Miami Plastic Surgery® and can be discussed in more detail during your consultation.
Why choose Miami Plastic Surgery® for Rhinoplasty?
At Miami Plastic Surgery®, we know how important it is for you to have that great boost of confidence when walking out our doors. With a staff of top-quality rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty surgeons, we make it our mission to give you the best possible results with the least amount of pain.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are considering rhinoplasty or revision rhinoplasty in Miami, FL with the board-certified plastic surgeons at Miami Plastic Surgery®, call 305.595.2969 or fill out the form on this page to book a consultation.