BEST LABIAPLASTY & MONSPLASTY SURGEONS IN MIAMI, FL
What Is Labiaplasty?
Labiaplasty surgery, also known as labia reduction, is a cosmetic surgical procedure that helps reshape the skin that covers the female clitoris and vaginal opening (labia minora). In some instances, women with a large labia can experience pain during intercourse, feel discomfort during everyday activities, or may simply wish to improve the overall appearance of their genital area. You can have labiaplasty surgery regardless of whether or not you have had children. To decrease travel time and enable your surgeon to assess results after labiaplasty surgery, it is beneficial to select a good labiaplasty plastic surgeon that is near you. Top labiaplasty surgeons will have references and carry your best interest at heart. Labiaplasty price will vary based on your unique cosmetic needs.
What Does Labiaplasty Surgery Involve?
- Labiaplasty is an outpatient procedure usually performed under local anesthesia.
- The procedure involves your plastic surgeon tightening the labia skin around the female vaginal area.
- After the labiaplasty operation, you may experience some mild discomfort and swelling, which usually disappears completely after one to two weeks. Scarring is rarely noticeable.
- After having labiaplasty surgery, you will need to refrain from sexual activity for at least six weeks. It is also recommended that you take off work for about three weeks.
- With realistic expectations this procedure can greatly improve your self-esteem and confidence.
- It takes about seven to eight weeks to fully recover after having labiaplasty surgery done.
Am I An Appropriate Candidate For Labiaplasty?
You may be an appropriate candidate for labiaplasty if:
- You are dissatisfied with the appearance of your genital area
- You are in good physical and emotional health
- You have realistic expectations
What Can I Expect During A Labiaplasty Consultation?
During your initial labiaplasty consultation at Miami Plastic Surgery®, you will meet with the plastic surgeon and staff. Your previous surgeries, your medical history, medications you are presently taking, and your overall physical and emotional health will be reviewed. Your skin quality will also be evaluated. Photographs may be taken for your medical record. Your surgeon will determine what you benefit from most and whether or not additional procedures will be necessary for you to achieve your desired results. Recovery time, risks, and limitations associated with labiaplasty cosmetic surgery will also be discussed. The doctor’s patient coordinator will review labia surgery costs and scheduling with you.
Patient Financing options are available at Miami Plastic Surgery® and can be discussed in more detail during your consultation.
What Is Monsplasty Surgery?
As with all areas of a woman’s body, the hair-bearing mound of fatty tissue above the convalescence of the outer lips is susceptible to aging. This area, known as the mons pubis, loses fullness as women age. To help restore the appearance of the pubic mound, monsplasty surgery, also known as a mons pubis reduction, may be recommended. Monsplasty surgery involves a fat grafting technique to help improve the appearance of this area, restoring volume and fullness. In other cases, the fullness in this area is exaggerated and liposuction and/or skin excision may be performed in order to restore a more natural look. The monsplasty surgery/mons pubis reduction cost starts at $3,000. The final cost will vary based on what treatment techniques are used to enhance the pubic mound. If you are looking for ways to help perfect your mons pubis area, speak with our experienced staff at Miami Plastic Surgery® today.
What Does Monsplasty Surgery Involve?
- Fat grafting is used to plump up a deflated mons pubis, creating the perfect curve.
- During the procedure, autologous fat is extracted by liposuction from areas that have excess fat tissue such as the abdomen, hips, or thighs. The fat is purified and then injected into the volume-deficient pubic mound. Unlike artificial fillers, fat grafting is considered a safer method of restoring volume.
- Performed under local anesthesia, this walk-in-walk-out treatment takes about two hours and requires minimal downtime.
- You will be monitored for an hour after the procedure before you can go home. Any pain you experience will be managed by prescribed painkillers.
- Have someone drive you home and stay with you overnight. Take the opportunity to rest.
- Compression garments may be used to reduce swelling.
- You may shower one day after labiaplasty surgery with a watertight dressing over the incision, with no baths or swimming until healing of the incision is complete.
- Any visible swelling should improve after three weeks.
- Physical activity should be restricted for two to six weeks.
- You may return to work the week after the surgery, depending on your occupation and your pain level.
Why Choose Miami Plastic Surgery® For Labiaplasty Or Monsplasty Surgery?
Labiaplasty and monsplasty/mons pubis reduction are delicate procedures. They require only the best surgeon’s hands. Choosing Miami Plastic Surgery® for your labiaplasty or monsplasty procedure will ensure you get pleasing results.