Fat Grafting & Facial Implants in Miami, South Miami & Coral Gables, FL
What Are Facial Implants?
Facial Implants are custom-made implants used to improve and enhance facial structures. They can add proportion to facial traits and balance the overall appearance. Placing of facial implants can be done in the chin, jaw, or cheeks. Facial implants in Miami improve the overall look of your face, its structure, and symmetry. Procedures for chin and cheek implants can include chin augmentation and cheek augmentation.
What Is Chin Augmentation/Chin Implant Surgery?
The size and shape of a chin can greatly affect one’s profile. Chin augmentation is a surgical procedure where surgeons make use of implants to create a stronger appearing jawline or give the chin a more symmetrical shape. Chin implants are used to achieve overall facial balance. Chin surgery is often recommended at the time of a rhinoplasty to balance facial proportions. Chin implants are made of solid silicone and are inserted through a small incision in your chin.
What Does Chin Augmentation/Chin Implant Surgery Involve?
- During your chin implant consultation, your doctor will go over any queries you have. The procedure and what to expect afterward will be explained.
- During chin implant surgery, light anesthesia is used while making the incisions. These incisions are made either inside the mouth or under the chin.
- The implants are then inserted and can be screwed to the base of the jawbone to permanently structure it.
- You may experience swelling and a little discomfort after your chin implant. If the stitches are placed on the inside of your mouth, your food intake may be limited to non-solid foods until they are removed or completely dissolved.
- Your chin will need to adjust to its new structure and heal completely. Recovery time after a chin implant can therefore take up to four weeks. This leaves enough time for any swelling and discomfort to subside.
- If the implants are correctly screwed into place, it can last your entire life. If any further surgery is needed to reach the desired results, these procedures will also benefit the overall lifespan of your implants.
What Are the Risks of Chin Augmentation?
The risks when having a chin implant include:
- Pooling of fluids or blood below the surface of the skin around your cheek
- Chin numbness from severe nerve damage
What Is Cheek Augmentation/Cheek Implants Surgery?
Cheek augmentation surgery involves the use of implants to help define cheekbones and give the face a more youthful appearance. Cheek implants were originally used as a method of correcting birth defects. Today it is used to enhance and correctly structure the cheeks. Typically, cheek implants are made of hard silicone. However, depending on your individual needs, other materials may be used or injected into the cheek. Your surgeon may recommend this procedure in combination with other facial surgeries, such as a facelift or eyelid surgery. With realistic expectations, these procedures can enhance one’s appearance and boost self-esteem.
What Does Chin Augmentation/Chin Implant Surgery Involve?
During your cheek augmentation consultation at Miami Plastic Surgery:
- Your medical history will be discussed.
- You will have the chance to discuss any queries you have about the surgery.
- Your doctor will walk you through every step of the procedure.
- Helpful advice for a speedy recovery will be given.
The surgery involves the following:
- Your surgeon will make a small incision in your hairline, your mouth, or below your eyelid.
- The implants will easily be put into place through the incision.
- The implants will be screwed into place for optimum results.
- After the surgery, you may experience numbness around your cheeks that may last for about two to three months. There may also be a level of discomfort for five to seven days. During this period, the swelling in your cheeks will go down and any pain you have felt will begin to subside.
- If inserted correctly, cheek implants can last a lifetime. If the implants are screwed into place, the chance of you needing any additional surgery is very slim.
What Are the Risks of Cheek Augmentation?
The risks of having cheek augmentation include:
- Numbness of the cheeks
- Pooling of excess fluid below the surface of the cheek skin
- The implants can shift, needing further surgery to fix it
What Can I Expect During a Facial Implant Consultation?
During your initial consultation, you will meet with the plastic surgeon and staff. Your previous surgeries, your medical history, medication you are presently taking, and your overall physical and emotional health will be reviewed. Your skin quality will also be evaluated. Photographs may be taken for your medical record. Your surgeon will determine what you benefit from most and whether or not additional procedures will be necessary for you to achieve your desired results. Recovery time, risks, and limitations associated with surgery will also be discussed. The doctor’s patient coordinator will review facial implant costs and scheduling with you. For some patients, fat grafting may be recommended as a treatment alternative.
What Is Fat Grafting?
Fat grafting surgery, also known as fat transfer, microlipoinjection, or lipostructure, has rapidly become a popular procedure around the world. The loss of facial fat is one of the most important contributors to an aging face. Simply tightening the facial skin and underlying structures, as is done in a facelift, will not replace the volume that is lost over time. Through the technique of facial fat transfer, live fat cells can be transferred from unwanted areas to areas that are deficient. This procedure can usually be performed under local anesthesia or with some light sedation. Fat is meticulously removed from the abdominal area, thighs, or buttocks. It is then processed to remove the living cells, which are then injected into the desired areas.
Depending on your needs, your surgeon will use macrofats, microfats, or nanofats to complete the fat grafting procedure. Macrofat grafting is often performed for larger areas of the body, while microfat grafting and nanofat grafting may be reserved for smaller regions of the body, such as the face. The procedure usually takes about one hour to complete. There is usually some swelling and bruising associated with the procedure that resolves quite rapidly. Most patients require minimal or no pain medication afterwards. The results usually last for years.
The most common areas where fat grafting is performed include areas of the face, such as the lips, the folds along the sides of the mouth, cheeks, chin, forehead, under the eyes, and other facial structures. It can also be performed on the hands to improve their aging appearance. Depending on your treatment needs and the type of fat grafting procedure performed, recovery time and the price may vary. At Miami Plastic Surgery, our experienced surgeons provide some of the best care in fat grafting treatment. To learn more about fat grafting benefits and cost, schedule an appointment with us today.
What Are the Different Types of Fat Transfer Procedures?
By choosing a fat grafting procedure, you may reap the structural benefits of having a fuller looking face, body, or butt. These fat grafting procedures include:
- Fat transfer for breast augmentation: Plastic surgeons make use of fat transfer to breasts to make the breasts look fuller without sagging.
- Fat transfer to buttocks: Plastic surgery facilities use fat transfer from the stomach to buttocks to give your butt a firmer and fuller look.
- Fat transfer to hips: If you desire an hourglass figure, considering a fat transfer to your hips will give your body added contouring where you need it most.
- Facial fat transfer: If you want a face that appears more full with less sagging skin, facial fat grafting may be an appropriate treatment option for you. If you would like to have fuller lips, you can also opt for a fat transfer to the lips.
What Does Fat Grafting Involve?
- Fat transfer is a procedure plastic surgeons use to transfer fat from places in your body where you have excess fat to where you have much less fat.
- A fat transfer procedure is done by taking fat from your body and purifying it. It is then reinjected with needles into the suggested place in your body where there is less fat or where body contouring is required.
- You can see the results of fat grafting after about two months of having the procedure done.
- If done correctly, fat grafting procedures can be permanent.
- Depending on the result you are looking for, you may need between four to six fat transfer treatments for the desired result.
- The treated areas will be swollen and bruised for at least three weeks after the procedure.
- During your fat grafting recovery time, depending on the area you had fat transferred from, you should avoid harsh activities. Apart from taking off work for about two weeks, you should be able to continue living life to the fullest after your body has completely healed and the swelling and tenderness have gone down.
Why Choose Miami Plastic Surgery for Fat Grafting or Facial Implants?
At Miami Plastic Surgery, our mission is to help our patients look great and feel confident in their own skin and bodies. At Miami Plastic Surgery, there are no limitations to what we can do to assist you with getting the body you’ve always dreamed of.
If you are considering fat grafting or facial implants in Miami, FL with the board-certified plastic surgeons at Miami Plastic Surgery®, call 305.595.2969 or fill out the form on this page to book a consultation.