Fat Grafting and Fat Transfer In Miami
Fat grafting, also known as fat transfer in Miami, microlipoinjection, or lipostructure, has rapidly become a popular procedure around the world. The loss of facial fat is one of the most important contributors to an aging face. Simply tightening the facial skin and underlying structures, as is done in a facelift, will not replace the volume that is lost over time. Through the technique of facial fat transfer, live fat cells can be transferred from unwanted areas to areas that are deficient. This procedure can usually be performed under local anesthesia or with some light sedation. Fat is meticulously removed from the abdominal area, thighs or buttocks. It is then processed to remove the living cells, which are then injected into the desired areas. The procedure usually takes about one hour to complete.
There is usually some swelling and bruising associated with the procedure that resolves quite rapidly. Most patients require minimal or no pain medication afterwards. The results usually last for years. The most common areas where fat grafting is performed include the lips, the folds along the sides of the mouth, cheeks, chin and forehead. It can also be performed on the hands to improve their aging appearance.
Types of Fat Transfer Procedures
By doing a Miami fat transfer procedure; you reap the benefits of having a fuller looking face, body or butt. These procedures include:
- Fat transfer for breast Augmentation – Plastic surgeons make use of fat transfer to breasts to make the breast looks fuller without sagging.
- Fat transfer to buttocks – Plastic surgery facilities use fat transfer from the stomach to buttocks to give your butt a firmer and fuller look as you age.
- Fat transfer to hips – If you have want to have an hourglass figure, considering a fat transfer to your hips will give your body where you need it most.
- Facial fat transfer – If you want a fuller face without sagging skin, you should consider a fat transfer to your face. Having said that, if you would like to have fuller lips, you can opt for a fat transfer to the lips.
Fat transfer is a procedure plastic surgeons use to transfer fat from places in your body where you have excess fat to where you have much less fat.
- What is the recovery like after a fat transfer procedure?How is a fat transfer procedure performed?
A fat transfer procedure is done by taking fat from your body and purifying it. It is then reinjected with needles into the suggested place in your body where there is less fat or where body contouring is required.
- How soon afterwards will I see the results of fat grafting?
You can see the results of a fat grafting from about 2 months after having the procedure done.
- Are the results of fat grafting permanent?
Yes, if done correctly, fat grafting procedures can be permanent.
- How many fat transfer treatments would I need?
Depending on the result you are looking for, you may need between 4-6 fat transfer treatments for the desired result.
The treated areas will be swollen and bruised for at least 3 weeks after the procedure is done. You will also need to take care not to do any harsh activities depending on the area you had fat transferred to. Apart from taking off work for about 2 weeks, you should be able to continue living life to the fullest after your body has completely healed and the swelling and tenderness have gone down.
Why You Should Choose Miami Plastic Surgery for Fat Transfer Procedures
Miami Plastic Surgery’s mission is to help their patients look great and feel confident in their own skin and bodies. With your body in their hands, there is no limitations to what they can do to assist you with getting the body you’ve always dreamed of.
To book a consultation for a fat transfer procedure, do not hesitate to contact them today.